Follow My Progress


View Long Road Round in a larger map

Monday, August 2, 2010

Last Minute Shopping

I went to CycleGear down on 59 south just to walk around the store and make sure that I had everything I need before setting off tomorrow.  While there, I struck up a nice conversation with Jonathan the sales rep and we begin talking about my trip.  Just as i was convinced that I didn't need anything else, Jonathan points out a rack of communication devices. He started to pitch me the Chatterbox, and before I knew it, this was sitting on my kitchen counter.

The installation itself was simple enough. The two speakers and the microphone were very easily installed with strategically place bits of velcro. All the wires were tucked away nicely under the padding on the inside of my helmet. Installation took about 10 min (inclusive of reading the instructions). When I was done, the only thing that was visible from the comms system was the control pad which (to my dismay) had to be stuck just under my left cheek on the outside of the helmet. 

Did a test run with my iPhone 4 and presto! Now i don't have to use those uber uncomfortable ear buds that will be smooshed up against my ear in the helmet. In fact, I hardly know that the Chatterbox system is even there! The true test will come tomorrow on the highway... we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment