Follow My Progress


View Long Road Round in a larger map

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Saddling Up - Part 2

Thanks to E-bay, i managed to (slowly) collect all the bits and pieces of luggage that i will need. 
I decided to go with Nelson Rigg soft luggage because not only do they fit my needs, but they look cool! I decided to try out one of their SLR "Solar" series tank bags to see how it goes. Supposedly the little solar panel supplied charges an external battery pack which (hopefully) will keep my iPhone 4 running ok. Here's what it looks like....


Here's the rest of the gear on my kitchen floor. NR Saddle Bags + Rear Seat Bag + Tank Bag.


Here's the steed all saddled up. 



This is prob going to be the last update before taking off. Hope to make my next one in either Austin or San Antonio. To the Alamo I go!!
Laus Deo!


2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you man. Taking a distance ride on a bike is loads of fun. The first day or two can be rough as your arse gets used to the situation but after that I found it smooth cruisin. Much more fun than taking a car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy you are so right... my behind is really killing me. But sure beats sitting in a comfy car.

    ReplyDelete