Follow My Progress


View Long Road Round in a larger map

Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 7 - Ann Arbor, MI

 I'm holed up on the couch in Tony, Paul & Kaiser's living room. For the first time this week, i get to sleep in and i CAN'T! I am wide awake at what i figured should be at least 11 am, but when i roll over to look at the clock... 7 am!!! Sadly i think i'm getting used to the grueling schedule from over the last week or so. 


Ann Arbor is going to be my 1/2 way stop  (with a remote chance that it my be the end of the journey) and i planned to have the steed serviced today. But its MONDAY!! I have yet to figure out why all powersports dealerships are closed on mondays. *sigh*. I figure its because all the bikers need a day to get over massive hangovers after a weekend at the track. But yeah.. .anyway. I'm here in Ann Arbor with a free day to go do stuff, so i take the steed for a ride around town.


It has been a couple of years since i have been here in AA and at least 6 years since i have lived here. Just riding and looking around. Things have changed massively, and not just because i'm am now looking at the city through a black tinted face shield. Some of my old hangouts are now gone, replaced by newer and shiny-er buildings. I have had a good 4 years here, possibly 4 of my most formative in terms of my identity and spiritual development. But time waits for no one, it has moved on. There's still a sense of nostalgia, and as much as I miss the great times, though the sights may be familiar, but my friends are mostly gone... I can no longer call this home. But i CAN however, go looking for some good food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment